Residential Architect or Designer
Stanton Architects, Inc. is looking for a part-time to full-time residential designer or licensed architect. SAI is a small firm specializing in high-end residential homes – renovation and new construction. Successful candidate will be involved in all phases of residential home project including initial design studies through construction documents to completion.
• Develop designs within client’s needs and budget
• Consult with engineers and construction professionals
• Produce construction documents, details and specifications
• Field work including measurements and photography
• Produce as-built documents including structures, mechanical systems, etc.
• Bidding/Negotiations and Scheduling tradespeople and contractors
• Perform site visits, field inspections, and write reports
• 4 or more years experience in residential architecture and construction
• Expertise in wood frame construction techniques and details
• Comprehend and implement building and zoning codes
• Thorough understanding of space, size and proportion for kitchens, bathrooms, etc.
• Expert in ArchiCAD including 3D and VR, preferably version 15
• Familiar with MS Word & Excel
• Excellent drawing, writing, and oral communication skills
• Continuing interest in developing and improving skills in architecture and construction
• Willingness to adapt to flexible work schedule
• Minimum B. Arch. degree
Send resume, salary requirements, and electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
o Introduction letter
o Three references
o Portfolio including residential designs, construction details, and specifications
o Limit submission size to 10 MB maximum
o Submission without portfolio will not be considered
o The candidate must be legally eligible to work in the United States
o No phone calls please
Stanton Architects, Inc.
2310 Plainfield Road
Crest Hill, IL 60403